August Bank Holiday in Cornwall
Why not celebrate the extra time off with a trip to Cornwall? There’s plenty to see and do – here are our top 7 for the ultimate long weekend:
- Get a taste of the sea at Newlyn Fish Festival, one of the biggest and best celebrations of seafood and fishing in the country.
- There’s always plenty going on at The Eden Project over the summer holidays. For 2017, uncover secrets of the universe with their ‘Journey into Space’.
- The sea temperature is at its warmest in August so it’s a great time to try surfing, coasteering, kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding.
- ‘Oooh’ and ‘aaah’ at the Flambards Firework Display. Adrenaline-seekers should arrive early and enjoy the rides!
- Walk a section of the South West Coast path. With around 300 miles running through Cornwall, there are all sorts of walks to choose from varying in length and difficulty – all with spectacular views.
- See a show at the famous open-air Minack Theatre, perched on the cliffs above the Atlantic Ocean.
- Make the most of the warm evenings with a BBQ or picnic on the beach. Take blankets and a bottle of bubbly to watch the sun set and see the stars come out.