Coronavirus — Book with confidence
UPDATED 16:00 Sunday 25th April.
Together with the owners of our holiday homes, we have made sure you can book without having to worry about what happens if your holiday has to be cancelled — read all about our Flexible Booking Policy below. There is also information about what we are doing, and what you can do, to make your holiday in Cornwall as safe as possible. Please re-visit this page for further updates. Thank you for your bookings and continued support for our wonderful county.
Take care and stay safe!
Phil Gendall, Managing Director
Our Flexible Booking Policy
We have temporarily waived the standard cancellation policy in our Terms and Conditions — meaning that you are protected if the following apply:
- The Government bans travel out of your area, or into Cornwall
- Overnight stays in Cornwall are not permitted
- The ‘rule of six’, or other rules about household mixing makes your holiday impossible
In any of these cases, you will have the following options:
- Move your booking. This can be for any stay up to 13 months ahead and it can be for the same retreat or another one, subject to availability (see notes). The price you pay may be higher or lower depending on the retreat and time of year. If higher, you can simply pay the difference. If lower we will refund you the difference. There will be no admin fee or other charges.
- Take a credit note. If you are not sure of when you would like your booking to be moved to, but you do know that you wish to holiday in Cornwall in the future, we can retain any monies paid as a ‘credit note,’ and simply apply this against a future booking. There is no charge for this.
- Have a refund. We will happily refund the full amount you have paid for your holiday including the deposit (see notes).
Requests for bookings to be moved more than 13 months ahead, counting from the date the request is made, are subject to the owner’s agreement. This is because of how properties are contracted between us and their owners. Together with owners, we will make every effort to accommodate your requests. If we are unable to do so a refund will be offered instead. Should this occur, we are very sorry for any inconvenience.
Refunds relate to the cost of accommodation (deposits and balances) including any fees for dogs. We will only retain the £30 booking fee (or charge a £30 admin fee if your booking was made before 8 April 2020). This relates to all refunds referred to on this page.
We reserve the right to make changes or clarifications to this Flexible Booking Policy, which is a temporary policy waiver. If we make fundamental changes we will give you a minimum of four weeks notice. Cancellations for other reasons are according to our standard Terms and Conditions which you can read here.
If you have symptoms on holiday
You must tell us straight away if you or any member of your party has symptoms. You will be expected to return home immediately if it is safe to do so. If you have to self isolate in the holiday property, we regret that we will have to charge for extended occupancy and all other bookings affected.
Preparing for your holiday
Your safety and well-being, as well as that of our owners, housekeepers, and their families, is very important to us, now more than ever. In response to Coronavirus we have carefully reviewed our housekeeping procedures and put a range of special measures in place.
Revised check-in and check-out times
To give housekeepers more time to clean and sanitise we have extended the change-over periods between guest stays. Most check-in times are now 5pm and most check-out times are all 10am. There are some exceptions so please check your pre-arrival emails carefully to make sure you know. Please do not ask to check in early or to check out late.
All of our retreats are fitted with key-safes so you can check-in safely at a time that suits you with no face-to-face meeting. If you have booked an apartment or a retreat with any communal areas please look out for special instructions relating to these.
NHS Test & Trace posters
All of our holiday homes display a QR code poster at or near the entrance. Please scan on arrival, and then daily during your stay, with the NHS Covid-19 app. In apartments the poster will be inside the apartment — please make sure this poster is used as well as (not instead of) any that you might find in entrance lobbies etc. These will not have been put in place by Forever Cornwall.
When it’s time to go there are four essential things we need you to do for us. These will help to ensure the safety of our housekeepers, and the next guests:
- Strip all your beds. Follow the instructions we have left for you about putting linen in bags, along with all towels and tea towels. This includes linen and towels that you may not have used.
- Empty all bins (not just the kitchen). Bag, seal and put out all your own waste.
- Leave on time — our hardworking housekeepers need every minute to prepare as safely as possible for the next guests.
- Let us know if you or any of your party have experienced symptoms of Covid-19 including; a high temperature, a new continuous cough, a change to your taste or smell.
Anti-viral surface cleaning
The heavily used surfaces and high-touch items in your retreat will be sanitised using appropriate products. Items include but are not limited to; work surfaces, table tops, remote controls, light stitches and cord pulls, hair driers, door handles, appliances, key-safes, bathroom fittings and hot tubs.
Removal of non-essential items
Some difficult-to-clean and high-touch items may have been removed from your holiday retreat. These may include throws and cushions, games and toys, DVDs and other items that are non-essential. If there is any specific item or facility listed on our website that you have a question about, please contact us.
Please accept our apology that there may be fewer niceties than usual in your welcome packs, for reasons of safety and to take some pressure off our housekeepers at this time.
Provisions and shopping
Almost all local shops are open, and we hope you’ll enjoy supporting our great Cornish retailers — but do plan ahead to avoid wasting precious holiday time in queues.
Safety during your stay
Please stay alert to coronavirus while on holiday, whether in your accommodation or out and about:
- Hand sanitiser and/or liquid soap will be available in all retreats and please also bring you own and use it frequently following Government guidelines.
- You’ll also find cleaning products in all retreats so please use these to keep on top of any possible spread of infection.
- Be aware that town centres and all-weather attractions can be very busy if the sun stops shining and make sensible choices about where and when to visit. Keep up the social distancing, and wear your mask in shops, cafés and other venues at all times.
- Remember that during your stay you may be mixing with residents at or near your retreat. Some may be particularly vulnerable, and concerned for their safety. Please take care to protect local people, and to maintain good relations by following to the letter any notices and measures.
Please help someone less fortunate
Amongst the most vulnerable at this time are the homeless who still desperately need help and shelter. Coronavirus makes the work of charities even harder so we are asking you to support our brilliant local homeless charity St Petroc’s, who are working flat out to keep centres open at this difficult time. Please help by making a donation to the St Petroc’s now. Thank you very much for your support in working with us on this — you are amazing!