COVID-19: Flexible Booking
UPDATED 14:30 Friday 15 May. Please re-visit this page for further updates
Although our cottage doors are closed for now we are very much looking forward to welcoming you later. We have consulted closely with our cottage owners to make all bookings refundable and flexible. Here are our plans, your options, and further important information.
Our flexible booking policy
We have suspended our usual cancellation policy for new and existing bookings. So if you book and then have to change plans due to Coronavirus, you can do up to 48 hours prior to the check-in day, if you meet any of these requirements:
- government restrictions make it impossible for you to travel to the property,
- you or other guests have COVID-19 symptoms,
- you have to self-isolate for other reasons.
So if you want to make a booking for later in the year you can do so with peace of mind. We hope this will give you the confidence to plan ahead, or to keep your existing booking in place, knowing that you have a great holiday planned with excellent flexibility.
When we are ready to revert back to the standard policy we’ll give plenty of notice so you don’t get ‘caught out’ by a change.
In the circumstances above you will have three options, whether you have already booked, or want to book now,
- Move your booking: You can move your booking to any dates up to the end of 2021 (subject to availability). The price may be higher or lower depending on the time of year and we’ll adjust the amount accordingly. If you move your stay we will waive the usual admin fees. Please note, 2021 rates and dates have not yet been finalised, so please bear with us while we work out the details.
- Take a credit note: If you know you want to move your booking but you are not sure of dates we can give you a credit note for later. This will be valid, as above, up to the end of 2021, and there will be no admin fee charged.
- Cancel your booking: If you really have to cancel, that’s fine and we will refund all payments except i) the booking fee if you have paid one, and ii) our standard £50 admin fee.
When can I come?
The Government has now stated that overnight stays will not be permitted before the first week of July. Visit Cornwall is currently seeking clarification about whether self-catering properties are specifically included in this. Dates prior to early July are searchable and bookable on our website but please note that this is aimed primarily at key workers and other exempted groups. Others may book but please be aware of the terms as stated above.
Please help someone less fortunate!
Amongst the most vulnerable at this time are the homeless who still desperately need help and shelter. COVID-19 makes the work of charities even harder so we are asking you to support our brilliant local homeless charity St Petroc’s. They are working flat out to keep centres open at this difficult time. Please help by making a donation to the St Petroc emergency appeal now. Thank you — you are amazing 🙂
Forever Cornwall office
We are able to maintain customer service with reduced staffing working from home from 9 to 4, Monday to Friday. Sorry we are not open on Saturday mornings at the moment.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation — and please re-visit this page for further updates.
Phil Gendall, Director